Mais cinqüenta questões de múltipla escolha.
101. (Casper Líbero-SP) She spent ________ money on ________ books.
a) many – few
b) many – little
c) much – few
d) much – much
e) many – many
102. (UnB-DF) He has ________ friends but ________ enemies.
a) few – many
b) many – none
c) lots of – little
d) enough – most
e) most – little
103. (F. São Luís-SP) “Do you have ten dollars?”
“ No I don’t, but Peter has ________ money with him”.
a) a lot of
b) much of
d) many of
104. (F.C.C.-Uberaba-MG) Only ________ people survived the accident.
d) a few
e) a lot
105. They couldn’t give much to their children because they only got ________ money every month.
c) a great any
d) a few
106. (Unesp) I helped him without ________ interest.
d) no one
107. (F.C.C.-BA) The room is empty. There is ________ in it.
108. (UFGO) They didn’t make ________ experiments last year.
109. We read in the Holy Bible:
“ Jesus said to Thomas: “I am the way, the truth and the life: ________ man comes to the Father except by me”.
110. (UCP) Do you care a cup of tea? No, thanks, I never take ________ tea after dinner.
111. (Covest) Wow! Is there ________ missing from this electronic wonderland?
112. (Fesp) They couldn’t buy ________ because they had ________ money.
a) something – any
b) anything – no
c) anything – none
d) nothing – no
e) nothing – any
113. Do you know ________ in that school?
Well, I have ________ friends working there.
a) anything – some
b) something – any
c) anybody – some
d) anybody – any
e) somebody – no
114. Is there ________ wrong with the child’s teeth?
115. He had only a drink. Is there ________ wrong with him?
116. After the party he asked ________ to help him.
117. ________ called the doctor to see the four children.
b) No one
118. “I haven’t ________ time. The train will be leaving.
119. (Fesp) Qual a alternativa que corretamente preencha as lacunas I, II e III de:
a) I saw ________ (I) fifty policians there.
b) We don´t have ________ (II) hope today.
c) They have made ________ (III) mistakes, haven’t they?
120. (Cesesp) “The boy ________ father is a teacher here, was killed in the accident”.
121. (Cesep) “Harold is the only student ________ failed the test”.
122. (Cesesp) “A man ________ works hard will certainly succeed”.
123. (Cesesp) “The house ________ stands at the end of this avenue is extremely beautiful”.
124. (Cesesp) “Will you please ask the gentleman at the door ________ he wants to talk to?”
125. (Cesesp) “The doctor said he does not know ________ his patient died”.
126. (Cesesp) “Students like teachers ________ are efficient and patient”.
127. “That is a beautiful little girl!”
“ Yes but I don’t know ________ child she is”.
a) of who
d) of whom
128. (Mackenzie-SP) People ________ live near an active volcano ________ may erupt at any moment, know that everything ________ they own may be destroyed. Those who came to watch the eruption of Mount Etna in 1971 may have wondered why the farmers, ________ house were in danger, remained in the land.
a) whose, who, that, which
b) who, whom, which, whose
c) who, which, that, whose
d) that, where, whose, which
e) who, whem, that, whom
–– He wrote several books, only one of________ had any merit.
–– The old man ________ lives next door has just died.
a) whom, who
b) which, who
c) which, whose
d) which, whom
e) whose, who
130. (F.Chagas) The house in ________ Dr. Palmer lives has just been white washed.
131. (UCP) The teacher is going to test all the students ________ marks are below six.
c) of which
132. (UFSCar-SP) Tell me ________ you that.
a) whom told
b) who told
c) what told
e) what told
133. (UFU-MG) Living in a house ________ walls where made of glass would be horrible.
134. (F.C.Chagas) That is the man________ masterpiece was ignored for a long time.
135. (Fesp) ________ knows the man ________ won the election?
a) Who, which
b) Which, who
c) Whom, whose
d) Who, who
e) Where, when
136. Show me ________ you have bought.
137. Andrew, to ________ Joan will get married, is a hard worker.
138. That is ________ we need.
–– “Do you know ________ is singing in the livingtoom? Is it Lisa?”
–– “I haven’t the slightest idea”.
140. That’s the man ________ robbed the bank.
141. He was one of those ________ writings are still appreciated nowadays.
142. (UFPE) What’s the name of the man ________ wife has run away left him?
–– Do you know Mr. Stevenson, our new teacher?
–– Yes. He’s a very friendly. He’s a man ________ appreciate.
|(0)||(0)||whose we all|
|(2)||(2)||whom we all|
|(3)||(3)||John and Mary|
|(4)||(4)||who all we|
144. Érico Verríssimo, ________ was a writer, had a style that we appreciate very much.
c) of that
d) of whom
145. This is the kind of exercise ________ I like best.
c) of which
146. Banting, ________ was a scientist, discovered insulin.
–– “What time did Mary arrive this afternoon?”
–– “Around five, I think”.
–– “Do you know ________ she was late again?”
d) how much
e) for what
148. Érico Veríssimo was a writer ________ style. I appreciate very much.
149. Washington is a city ________ is particularly beautiful in spring.
150. (Cesesp) Whose children are these?
a) They are at home.
b) They are from Recife.
c) They are students.
d) They are my sister’s.
e) They are studying.